Safe Disposal

General Disposal

Placer County residents can take Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) to Western Placer Waste Management Authority for FREE disposal. Be sure to transport your materials safely and follow WPWMA’s guidelines and limitations. (Link to Map) WPWMA brochure

WPWMA Household Hazardous Waste Facility
link to map
3033 Fiddyment Road (Entrance on Athens Avenue)

Hours of Operation
Open Every day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Limit: 15 gallons or 125 pounds per visit
No Charge to Placer County Residents.

Items Accepted
Most Household Hazardous Waste including motor oil and filters, pesticides, cleaning items, pool chemicals, latex paint and painting supplies, automotive products, compressed gas (up to 5 gallons), medications and more. See for details.

Unacceptable Items
Medical wastes (except medications and home-generated syringes), ammunition, explosives, asbestos, radioactive materials, compressed-gas cylinders (larger than 5 gallons or 20 pounds), and PCBs.

Transportation Guidelines
Keep waste in original containers or label it clearly.
Place leaking containers in a tightly sealed, labeled plastic container.
Keep containers upright while traveling.
DO NOT place waste in plastic bags.
Transport and secure in a car trunk on truck bed.

More information
916-645-5230 ext. 4

Small Businesses

If your business generates less than 220 pounds of 27 gallons of HHW per month, you may qualify as a Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator. Please call Placer County Environmental Health Department at 530-745-2300 and ask for the Hazardous Materials Section. Call Nortech to schedule drop-off appointments: 916-645-5230 x108. Fees may apply.